Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Daniel Boone National Forest closed to all ORVs
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #2
DuffMan
Your Message Here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This sucks in a big way.

I went to the Daniel Boone JJ last year and it was the best wheeling I'd ever seen.

From other reading around, I understand there's been "tension" since last summer. Apparently there was a somewhat local (20-40 miles) area that allowed ATV riding - sort of an unoffical Harlan situation. The landowners closed down access and some ATVers started moving over to the Slade area - which is a combination of "non-ATV permitted" National Forest roads and old logging/oil well access trails on private land.

Then the "old story" unfolded, and ATVers started balzing unauthorized trails/bypasses, trespassing on private land, and allegedly had a confrontation with at least one landowner. So again, irresponsble behavior may result in the loss of access to excellent offroading land.

Not knocking ATVers (I hope to buy on or two soon) - but irresponsible actions by offroaders (dirtbike, ATV/UTV, Jeep/SWB, or FSRs) hurts us all.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.14187 seconds with 20 queries