Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Oil changes....
Thread: Oil changes....
View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #8
sonic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

No problem. If you shoot me your vin I can probably find out everything you need as far as fluids go. Synthetics are better and in my truck honestly the best oil I ever ran was the quaker state 4x4 semi synthetic. I dont anymore cause well I am broke but the truck rans great and it really did improove my gas milage. The transmitions are a pain in the ass but if you take care of them youll be fine. Try not to over heat your fluids especially when wheeling. It should always be in the back of your mind how long you been ragging on your rig. Coolers and temp gages can be a great help. Also if it has been a while since the trans was flushed change the filter too. I have been running at least a 38 inch tire for five years and I do wheel my truck. I have never rebuilt andthing because it failed. I rebuilt the trans before my warrenty ran out and that was it. Just keep you fluids clean and youll do fine.
sonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06181 seconds with 20 queries