Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Our super-secret and anonymous representative council
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #67
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Maybe this one will 'jog your memory'....
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Ma...s_160784_7.pdf
pg. 3 under "new business"/MMRC/first sentance describing the goup's first and last public appearance ever after years operating in the shadows previously....including right on up to this date).

Again, if you guys are willing to allow folks like the above to continually insult your intelligence on matters affecting this community...more power to you.
The only thing pertaining to MMRC on page 3 is the following:

Michigan Motorized Recreation Council (MMRC) Proposal -- R.J. Witte said the MMRC is
comprised of various ORV user groups in Michigan, and does not have officers, directors, constitution,
bylaws or dues. The MMRC acts as a communications network and meets on an as needed basis to
discuss ORV issues. He presented a power point presentation proposing a 725 mile expansion of the
designated ORV trail system. The proposal includes: 1) Parallel the heavily used trail systems with 24
inch trail; 2) Increase the size of selected 24 inch trail to 50 inches; 3) Connect and add to the 72 inch
routes and create new 72 inch routes; and 4) Connect trail systems close to each other with a linear
trail.
Mr. Kubisiak reviewed the Departmentís trail proposal process and the need for sponsor advocates
to take a lead role in the process.
Discussion ensued regarding MMRCís proposal.
Mr. Ranney made a motion, supported by Mr. Dinsmore, to embrace the concept as presented
by the Michigan Motorized Recreation Council. Motion unanimously carried.

I guess I'm an idiot but nowhere in this do I see anything about refusing to name names. AND......... it points out that there are no bylaws.

If this is the one and only time it has been brought up at an ORV meeting, with so little said about it, why is it such a big deal. I don't get it.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06535 seconds with 20 queries