Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Recipe Exchange
Thread: Recipe Exchange
View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #1
MudGrl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Recipe Exchange

Yes...I know there are only around 28 ladies on the board...but I thought I'd start a recipe exchange. I know some of you guys can cook too, besides chicken fingers and pizza.
I'll start, this one is requested by BlueXJ.

Chicken Enchiladas

Cook a lb of chicken thoroughly then cut into pieces.

In a sauce pan, combine:
- 1/2 cup of onion
- 1 teaspoon of corriander
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Cook until onion is soft

In a small bowl, or the sour cream container, combine 8oz tub of sour cream (do not use light/low fat/fat free because this makes the sauce too creamy) along with 2 tablespoons of flour.

Add 1 cup of chicken broth in the sauce pan with the onion mixture. Add the sour cream mixture to that as well. Add a small can of diced green chilies, 4oz can or the smallest can they have at the store, also add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Add chicken, cook on low until the mixture gets thick and bubbly.

You can set aside a cup of the mixture for the top of the enchiladas, or just use whatever is left. Place desired amount in the tortilla shell and place seam side down into a baking dish.
Cook at 350* for 35 minutes, covered. During the last 10 minutes, sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top of the enchiladas, tomatoes, black olives, or whatever else you'd like on top of your enchiladas. Voila! Good enchiladas!
MudGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08486 seconds with 20 queries