Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rocks @ the Mounds clarification
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:22 AM   #1
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default Rocks @ the Mounds clarification

For clarification purposes, the DNR Grant Genesee County Parks & Rec got this year for $20,000 is for the design study only. They need this documentation to present to the GCP&R Comissioners for approval. Once the design is approved and everyone is in agreement, GCP&R will submit ANOTHER grant next year for the purchase of the actual rocks. It's kind of hard to believe that it will take 20G's to design something we find in naturally in nature. I'm even pitching the proposal we did last year where we donated rocks but I'm not all that confident that will fly again either. They would rather have our cash!
I know this is potentially a bummer for most everyone here but the bright side is, GCP&R is at least moving forward with the Rock Crawl. As opposed to the State DNR, which had approved a similiar project for the St. Helens Motorsport area almost 5 years ago with nary a outline of when and where that development will ever happen.
The other budget item where you will see on the ground work is culvert replacement.
They will be replacing and raising the grade on 10 culverts that have sunk and have become blocked or the surrounding water levels have risen to the point where the road won't drain anymore.
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.81161 seconds with 20 queries