Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rudy Commits!
Thread: Rudy Commits!
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #13
3-foot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Not that I don't like Rudy, but I think he is like people say more of a faceman and the lack of first hand knowledge of washington politics will hurt him once the other candidates both republican and democrat start flinging mud. I was rooting for McCain 7 years ago and will again now. He is Vietnam vet and I think that will help him be a strong military leader. At the same time he has demonstrated his ability to work with the dems on both the filibuster compromises, as well as campaign finance reform despite how ineffective it was.
Just my .02 and there is still tons of time for things to change.

No first hand knowledge of Washington?

Read this.....

Quote....
After a law clerkship following graduation from NYU School of Law, in 1970, Giuliani joined the Office of the US Attorney.

In 1973, he was named Chief of the Narcotics Unit and rose to serve as executive US Attorney. In 1975, Giuliani was recruited to Washington, D.C., where he was named Associate Deputy Attorney General and chief of staff to the Deputy Attorney General. His first high-profile prosecution was of Congressman Bert Podell, who was convicted of corruption. From 1977 to 1981, Giuliani practiced law at the Patterson, Belknap, Webb and Tyler law firm.

In 1981, Giuliani was named Associate Attorney General in the Reagan Administration, placing him in the third-highest position in the Department of Justice. As Associate Attorney General, Giuliani supervised all of the US Attorney Offices' Federal law enforcement agencies, the Department of Corrections, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the United States Marshals Service.

....end quote.

here's more ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05966 seconds with 20 queries