Thread: Rudy Commits!
View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #5
3-foot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Funny, though, that he wasn't well liked, before 911 landed in his lap. Best thing that ever happened to him, politically, those terrorists.

As would be expected of a mayor of a major urban center, he's significantly more liberal than the current crop of me-too .

Which makes him more electable with the general election, but will make it harder for him to get through the primaries as the chosen one. (While your NYpost article tries to brush it off, it will be a bigger factor, I think, than he claims).

I think in general, the republican primaries will be very interesting. (Well, both, really. Both parties have lost their way in the last 10-15 years.) They've got a lot of cleanup to do from the bush admin, and need to move back towards center and away from being a conservative christian party.

Hell, the GOP was started to be a liberal alternative.

Agreed, Rudy's toughest battle will be to win the primaries. If he can do that I think he has a good chance, at least looking at it today. The election is a long way off and a lot can happen to change the situation.

Still he seems to have a lot of support from independent voters (like me). I like the economically conservative & socially liberal candidate.

If the GOP was smart they would field him because he is closer to the center. Let's face it there are a lot of voters still trying to punish the neocons. A push to the middle might be their only hope for getting swing votes.

As long as Hillary doesn't win I'm OK
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04151 seconds with 11 queries