Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - This is sad...
Thread: This is sad...
View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #18
chris1044

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
well, it started waaaaaaaaay back...there was this thing called the SLAVE TRADE! White Europeans wanted slaves to work on plantations in the Americas.
Big deal, this slave shit is nothing more than a crutch......Not a single living black american has been enslaved by a single livin person in this country today. Period. Slavery has been gone for over 100 years now, and I dont think that anyone is proud that it was prevalent in this country. It's called time to move on.

Secondly, White Europeans were not the only group of people to enslave others - Egyptians, Romans, Chinese, Greeks, Arabs, (the list could go on) all enslaved people who were not of African American decent. Do you hear any of those people crying about it today? No, because they realized that although it did affect people of their heritage in the past it doesn't affect them today, as already stated Your life is what you make it.......like I say, get over it. You don't see me crying about how opressed I am because I can't get a full ride to school like people of minority decent can

Quote:
previous to the slave trade, their wasn't the racism towards blacks like their is now.
Bullshit. You think racism today is as bad as it was 50 years ago? I think that although racism still does exists, it's much better than it has been in the past. Sadly, I dont think racism will ever totally disappear (and just so you know, there are plenty blacks who hate us honkey's as well)

Quote:
There is still a lot of that "blacks are inferior" sentiment in this country and this is what causes these girls to feel about themselves the way they do.
there are still plenty of things in this country that have the same "whites are inferior" sentiment as well - do you see us crying?
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06867 seconds with 20 queries