Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - got a 2000 ford ranger with 4.0 i wana soild axle it up front need some help
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #3
chris1044

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
the people on those sites are very knowledgable in those areas...

why do you want to swap tcases? Is it 2WD right now or something?
X2 - try therangerstation.com as well

If the ranger is currently 4x4, then it should have a bw1354 case in it - which is plenty strong unless you want to use something like a doubler/atlas.....but IMO I would leave it alone.

As for axles, common axles used are XJ D30s' (IIRC 96+ has the stouter shafts/U joints - they use these because width is the same as the 8.8 in the rear and bolt patterns will match), the D44/9" from the old bronco's - but IMO those are way to expensive for what they're worth, a 44 or 60 from the 78/79 fords, you can cut/narrow them or leave full width, but then you've got to do the back as well if you go full width. Also, waggoneer axles work up front if I'm not mistaken, thought I can't remember what years work (or what years had D side drop)

First thing you need to do is decide what type of suspension you want - leaf/coil. If you go coil do you want to do a early bronco C-wedge type axle, make your own links, etc......

You can try pirate as well - alot of know how is overthere (especially mr. N)
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07356 seconds with 20 queries