View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its just a narrow minded article. Its written specifically to try to skew perception of statistics.

Its not that cars aren't capable because of government requirements, and that this is eliminating our only possibility of having outdoor recreation. Its that the US public isn't asking for it.

If there was demand, like there is in other countries, then I gurantee that our cars would be developed for it.

Think of the US, how many people who own a trailer own something like a minivan, SUV, or truck, to pull it with. So why would they care if their car has a hitch?

How many people here NEED a 4wd 3/4 ton diesel to tow with? Its not like we get them because our cars aren't burly enough to tow our rigs. Its that we want a truck. I want 4wd to tow my trailer out of my yard 1/4 mile though 18" of snow where I store it. I don't want to be towing with a f'ing grand marquis up the Jellico pass.

Now, again, you go to Europe, people have decent income, and have lots of little travel trailers, but its not practical to own a truck. Trust me, people just don't own pickup trucks in Germany, they drive cars. So, they design their cars to haul trailers, including properly designed transmission ratios, heavy cooling, and yeah, a unibody designed for it.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04455 seconds with 11 queries