Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - XJ LA Plans?
Thread: XJ LA Plans?
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #5
dune coon
do work

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I don't really have any plans...I drew a couple rough sketches with measurements/etc...but have no idea where they are.

best I can do is just give you the only 3 pics I have with them installed. Needless to say, they worked awesome.

things I have since changed: When I built them, I didn't incorporate any adjustability into the Lowers...only the uppers so I could change pinion angle. I measured 80 times and when it was all done, axle was right where I wanted it (at that lift height..but after going higher, I wished I had made them adjustable)

2. I would use johnny joints or some sort of bushing other than the vulcanized oem bushings. the oem bushings are super soft and ride nicely, and, had that jeep lasted me longer, I probably would have had to replace them from wearing them out from twisting all the time.

I used 2" d.o.m. with 1/4 wall for the lowers, and 1.75" d.o.m. 1/4" wall for the uppers. I bought the bushing sleeves from rocklogic4x4.com, and built everything else. my bracets were welded, and they tied into my x-member, which i built from 2x6x3/16 rectangular.

hth

dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06445 seconds with 20 queries