View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM   #1
JTCJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1985 Cj-7 $5500 Obo

As stated - 1985 CJ-7. $5500 OBO.
Cell 248-410-3751

Originally from Tennessee. Only rust is 2 or 3 spots where water sits in the body, even then only surface, places where paint has worn off on front axle etc. Completely solid tub, clean frame. Front fenders were cut for clearance but flares haven't been re-installed. Drivers rear corner has met with a tree, dented in some, but overall tub is in great shape. Top has cracks up the same corner but glass and overall is fine. It's been used and wheeled but can still cruise at 70 without a problem, but it is a CJ, little noisy at that speed.

Specs:
-1985 CJ-7 Hardtop, Steel doors. Odometer reads 146,XXX
-4.2 with Weber carb, new distributor and tune up, rebuilt approx 35000 ago
-CJ-5 T-18 (4.03(?), not the super deep first gear), rebuilt approx 35000 ago
-Dana 20, works fine, don't know mileage
-Dana 30 Front Superior Evolution shafts, 4.56's and Detroit E-Z Locker, new Superwinch hubs. Warn diff skid plate
-AMC 20 Rear One piece shafts, Detroit Locker, 4.56's, home made diff skid. Gears Less than 2000miles
-All yokes converted to u-bolts, no straps
-35" BFG MT's on black steelies. Cant be over 3000mi.
-35" spare, bald as it may be, it works
-4" Superlift Springs
-Scissor shackles in rear with extended shock mounts. Flexes suprisingly well.
-Pro-Comp Shocks.
-Front double sway bar disconnects
-Warn M-10000. Works great, cable in good shape.
-Home made front bumper with tow bar, hooks and 2 D-rings. Not pretty, but well built
-Home made rear swing out with 2 D-rings. Works great, solid.
-TJ (I think) sport cage.
-Cobra CB and Firestick antenna. Needs new cable. One in it is pinched.
-Decent Pioneer CD player
-1" Body lift, all body mounts are poly, with 1" aluminum lift spacers
-Spray in liner in tub
-Has AC Compressor still installed, intended on converting to OBA. Still have all parts to hook AC back up.
-New (last year) 4WD Hardware Exhaust
-I'm sure there are other details, poly motor mounts, new brake pads front and rear, braided brake lines etc.

Few spare parts - stock front axle shafts, spare front drive shaft, spare Superwinch hubs, new radiator, u-joints, poly bushings for suspension(front shackle bushings are shot, someone used regular grease)

Negatives I can think of are small like horn isn't working, back up lights not working, still a little dirty after Thanksgiving at the Mounds(pretty good though), has some minor drips sometimes, gas guage is funky, front shackle bushings need replaced(have parts), paint is scratched, small dent in rear corner. Nothing I ever really bothered to address, didn't need to. Does need a front hoop on the cage, it can go way beyond the point of needing a good cage if you want it to.

It's completely reliable; starts right up, runs great, mechanically it is very sound. No overheating issues or anything of that nature. Seats seem to be practically new, no tears, some mud stains. Has a beat up console that still serves it's purpose. Dash with cupholders and small storage compartment. Couple leaks here and there, valve cover, t-case inspection plate. Nothing bad enough to cause any concern.

It's basically ready to go as-is. It's really not lacking anywhere for what it is intended for. But you know how that goes. Theres plenty that can be done. It's definitely one, if not the, lowest rust steel tub CJ's you'll see around. It's scratched and a few dents, but people I don't even know climb under it in disbelief when they see there is no rust to be found. It's a little dirty and rough around the edges, but doesn't really need anything. Drop the rear drive shaft and it flat tows really well, only drops me down about 4 mpg in the tow rig.

Right now it's located in Western PA. Easy to get to OH, or MI. I'll be traveling a good bit in the next month, but can coordinate something.
Definitly don't want to sell, too good of a rig and too much into it, but I really don't have a choice. The old my loss your gain thing. I think it's worth more, but you know how that goes. It really needs to go within the next month. If not I have to drag it to New Mexico and sell it there.

I'll monitor the board as much as possible, but it will probably be easier to call me 248-410-3751 and leave a message.

I have a few pics to post. If you need any more let me know. If I'm out of town I can have someone else post them or e-mail them for me. If I have forgotten anything blatant I'm sure I'll hear about it!

Last edited by JTCJ; April 1st, 2007 at 09:43 PM.
JTCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06355 seconds with 11 queries