Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - new ar build
Thread: new ar build
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #14
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycole View Post
Sorry for suggesting a cheap barrel, I recently finished a build and was vary happy with the accuracy. Probably better than my colt and smith and wesson off the shelf guns. ar15.com is a hard website to get a good review from, it seems like if something isn't top end then it gets bashed on. I have no idea what the barrel life will be but I doubt I will ever shoot enough to wear a barrel out. I am a believer in floating the barrel. Have you looked at the rra barrels? I like their 20 ss predator barrels. If your looking for better accuracy out of a 16" barrel check out melonited barrels, they are harder to clean than chromed barrels but tend to hold tighter tolerances. Looks like you have a good start on your ar.
I wasn't trying to knock their barrels . Price sometimes has nothing to do with a good barrel . A good friend bought a Model one sales barrel and it shoots right up there with anything I have.
On the AR15 link your right about some of the posters. Its just like this place sometimes you have to know who listen to for serious advice.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05121 seconds with 20 queries