Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Random Thoughts: Firearms Edition
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #580
bigmatt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
It's black.
It's a kickass pistol all around. Most of the big names in the USPSA Production division are shooting them now. Want.
My SP01 is what I plan to run IPDA with and one of the reasons I bought it. The really good guys are running worked over Shadows which gets rid of the firing pin block. But, even with a FPB after my recent mods my SP01 trigger is great now. Bone stock with an action polish it started out with a DA trigger pull over 11 lbs and SA 5.5lbs and now is down to DA 6.5lbs and SA 3lbs 11oz. I have a lighter trigger spring I haven't put in yet that should lower the weight a little more as well. All of my mods were using CZC and CGW works parts to keep it IDPA SSP/ESP or USPSA Production legal.

CZ the greatest guns you've never heard of. A common problem with CZs tends to be when you buy one you will eventually end up with more than one. I have even been thinking of buying a CZ clone for the cheaper fun as well. Cajun Gun Works now makes some upgrade parts that fit the Canik and Tristar models so you could end up with a really nice DA/SA trigger on a gun you have under $500 in!

Now that the word is getting out on them many CZ pistols tend to be a little tougher to find and when an online store has them for a good price they go quick. That is how I got my SP01. Heads up was posted on a CZ forum that an online retailer had them in stock for the cheapest price I found with free shipping. I immediately ordered it that night.

Next for me is tracking down a Kadet kit so I can shoot/train with my SP01, but shooting .22lr for way cheaper than the 9mm.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06685 seconds with 20 queries