Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:09 AM   #1042
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

We have been happy with the MAF. We run a basic Frost mail order tune that turned off theft and some codes (evap, rear o2s, standard stuff) and bumped it to run on premium.

We run the van air box that has the MAF attached to it, and that has been a nice setup. In previous builds and watching other guys setups, they have had a lot of dirt and water getting into their engines, even with mounting them in-cab and other games like pre-filters. With our stock air box and stock paper filter our intake tube is perfectly clean. Doesn't get any more KISS than that.

We will grab a new connector to make sure it isn't backing off due to the broken retainer. Plus I'll check the IAC has the right throw per the service manual.

I think I might take it to the neighbors and see if he can put it on his smoke machine and look for intake leaks with that. We shot carb cleaner all over the intake last night and no change in revs, but maybe smoke will show us something.

Pulled some history on the vin... Purchased Summer 2005. Last update was Spring 2009 at just over 200,000 miles for a warranty recall. We bought the motor in fall 2011.

Last edited by JohnnyJ; March 5th, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.21162 seconds with 20 queries