Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 4.5 stroker
Thread: 4.5 stroker
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #27
2fst4you

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt5885 View Post
i have 200 in a cam and lifters and i am running 93 right now have not tried running 87-89 yet. i have 200 in boring the block, instaling new cam bearings and hot tanking the block. 150 in the head which incudes valve job and decking the head to insure it was straight. 200 in the cank that was turning it to .10 to .10 on main and rod journals and makeing sure it was straight. 80 in injectors from ebay 200 for pistons,rings,and cam bearings. 100 in main and rod bearings and 90 in a oil pump. if u are gonna do a rebuild i would most defintly put new cam bearings in it. if i wereto do it all over again i would save the moiney fro the stroker and just go 5.3 in it. or find a good running 4.0
Ya I'm not looking to spend that much. New can bearings even when my motor only has 115k on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
waste o money

this will be a gigantic turd 10-20hp at the most increase over stock yea no thanks
For $300 more id be ok with 20hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PTBUCK View Post
Cam, here's what i see. You will do this 4.5 Stroker, then when you decide to go to tons (and countless threads), you'll go to a 5.3. Then after you are on tons, you'll want a 6.0. You are wasting your money. Just swap your motor with a low mile 4.0 or rebuild yours. Keep it cheap and simple. You don't need anything bigger than a 4.0.
I may go to a 5.3 eventually but while rebuilding it why not spend $300 or so more to get a little more pep. It will be cheap and simple I'm not as cheap as you
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05034 seconds with 20 queries