Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "sarge" GMC Cummins dually build
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #13
cerial

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjake View Post
Pulling truck as to pull a trailer not competition towing, but I'm leaning toward keeping the long box but i forgot to mention its getting a Cummins and straight axle Dana 60 also maybe I could put my rhino in the back of it lol here's my donor truck
Make your "ramps" long enough to set the front and rear tires on. Drop the tailgate and you can stuff a rhino in there. Just install a few tie downs that run to the frame and are flush to the bed then compress the suspension.

With that 20' long truck maintaining a long bed may limit your trailer choices. In most states the maximum combined length is around 60 feet. Running a 5th wheel will keep you under 60'.
Where you will notice the long bed is when you are hanging over in a parking spot without the trailer.
I have had a crew cab long bed before and while I loved the truck I was using a bumper pull car hauler.
Making a tight turn in my "4-40" required constantly swinging wide. Installing steering assist is a highly recommended upgrade.

The truck looks cool as heck as it sits and the body looks amazing for the year. It will be interesting to see what you choose powertrain wise behind the diesel.
Subscribed.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07204 seconds with 20 queries