Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project :DD2Fiddy
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Wramblerguy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
How does it not seem practical? Makes perfect sense to me.

I was goin to put a 75mm turbo on it and that would require new forged pistons. Decided to ditch that idea and just keep it simple and add another 100ci. Depending on the condition of the shortblock it will need at minimum the crank polished,rods resized,new bearings,rings...worse case it could need crank grind or replacement,bored,honed and new pistons.

For around 1300 I can get a new 557 stroker kit with all new parts.Cast crank,H beam rods,hyperutectic pistons in 3 different sizes and all bearings and rings. Even if my shortblock is in perfect shape it wouldnt be a whole lot more to just buy the stroker kit.

With the stock heads,stock cam,my custom intake/throttlebody,big injectors and Megasquirt ecm running it all it should make an easy 400-450hp and I bet dam near 600ft/lbs.

Call me crazy but I think it sounds perfect for a tow vehicle! I love tuning with MS and I see no reason it wouldnt return decent MPG either.
Just seems like a motor that big wouldn't be happy with stock heads
I would think it would need more air and more air requires more fuel
I'm not hating on the idea just asking an honest question, it just seems a little over kill to me that's all
Seems like it would be hard to get good mpgs out of something that big, but you very well could prove me wrong
It would be cool either way

99 gmc Sierra extended cab z71 dd
87 yj Laredo 4.2/999/231 ac & cruise bone stock (for now)
90s Wrambler efi 2.5, t5, sye231 ,d44s with 4.88s and detroits
Wramblerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07240 seconds with 20 queries