Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - DTE Incentives for LED lights
View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #25
BlooMule
pew pew

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
DTE will cover 20-50% of the cost of an energy conversion. We have been doing energy audits for companies, and we can submit the information to DTE.
We can submit T12 - T8 fixture swaps, replacing HID fixtures to induction, and replacing HID / Sodium exterior lights over to LED.

Consumers must be offering something else, because as far as I know, DTE has never handed out free lighting on a commercial level during the last two years.

Personally I think it is bullshit that the government is subsidizing energy saving plans for businesses, and I think it would be more bullshit if they gave free lights out to home owners. If you want to save money as a business, why not go buy new fixtures? Swapping from halogen or HID lighting to LED lighting typically pays for itself in 460 days, plus the maintenance costs are basically zero for 26 years. No ballasts to worry about, and no lamps, ignitors, or broken sockets to worry about..

Same goes for home owners. Why should the government give free shit out to lower their bills? A CFL swap or LED swap will typically pay for itself in one year if it is used over 144 hours per month. If you swap a light bulb that is used less than 5 hours per week over to CFL or LED, the break even point is around 100 years.

I know I'm not waiting in line for light bulb welfare.
Detroit Edison used to give out free light bulbs. You brought in your burned out bulb, and they exchanged it for new. This ended in the 70's when GE and Westinghouse threatened to sue.

I had an old Detroit Edison bulb in my garage that was still working up until last winter.

Page generated in 0.05679 seconds with 20 queries