Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project: Pavement Sucks in a zj
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #376
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jbsjunk View Post
Why go to tons? Because it's what the cool kids seem to be doing? I don't think you'll have a problem with the 44/9 combo. Curb hasn't broke his.

BTW, do you have a scrap 35 or 8 1/4 housing? I need the shock mounts off of it, the brackets that weld to the housing.
I guess the only reason to go tons would be so i would never have to worry about a tire size and horse power limit. That being said I have yet to break either of my stock dana axles with a 35" tire and a clapped out 4.0. I have a small block that could change that. I really think that I should stick with the 44/9 that i have because they are complete and still a slight upgrade. Greg and I did notice that the nine inch is so narrow that my leafs and my calpiers may not work well together.

Yes I have the 35 under the red one at gregs. If you want the brackets you can cut them off. I plan on being down there this weekend to strip the suspension from it.
Bare Bones Offroad
Pavement sucks
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06261 seconds with 21 queries