Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project: Pavement Still Sucks
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #376
GREASYHANDS
PICKLES!!!!

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsjunk View Post
Why go to tons? Because it's what the cool kids seem to be doing? I don't think you'll have a problem with the 44/9 combo. Curb hasn't broke his.

BTW, do you have a scrap 35 or 8 1/4 housing? I need the shock mounts off of it, the brackets that weld to the housing.
I guess the only reason to go tons would be so i would never have to worry about a tire size and horse power limit. That being said I have yet to break either of my stock dana axles with a 35" tire and a clapped out 4.0. I have a small block that could change that. I really think that I should stick with the 44/9 that i have because they are complete and still a slight upgrade. Greg and I did notice that the nine inch is so narrow that my leafs and my calpiers may not work well together.

Yes I have the 35 under the red one at gregs. If you want the brackets you can cut them off. I plan on being down there this weekend to strip the suspension from it.
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05575 seconds with 20 queries