Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #831
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Very happy. Fit and finish seemed nice when we installed it. From what I read on pirate, this is essentially the same pan as the Pac Fab version, although I think now Pac Fab sells a version with a skid plate welded on (for extra from what I gather). The benefit to us of the Champ Pan was that we could get it through Lane/Allstar Distributor (CHALS1000 Oil pan, CHALS1001 Oil Filter Adapter, CHA750LS1 Pick-up).

As a comparison, JeepM715's buggy runs a firebird pan with no extra baffling, and after a short period of time with the nose up it will start dropping oil pressure. On the same climb with the stock truck pan in this jeep it would hold pressure just fine. In similar climbs in Harlan it was very much like the stock pan. I didn't see the pressure dropping, and I was paying more attention than normal since it was the first time out with the new pan. I didn't watch oil pressure as we came down Little Jagger since I was too busy worrying about flopping forward.

Last edited by JohnnyJ; December 6th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06064 seconds with 20 queries