Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Furnace brands
Thread: Furnace brands
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #11
HOTRODTHOM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
My saga continues find a suitable furnace for my house. I know Shawn is the resident HVAC guy... From reading different threads, there seems to be a couple more HVAC guys on here, just not as prevalent. Plus, at the end of the day, there is almost no one that doesn't have an opinion on furnace brands. So, trying to make a some what educated decision. This is what I have it down to.

AMANA
95% AFUE
45,000 BTU
2 stage, multi-speed
Stainless steel Exchanger.
$2,9XX.xx

Bryant
95% AFUE
Digital Programmer
60,000 BTU
2 stage, variable speed
Stainless Steel Exchanger
$28XX.xx
(Rebates available)

Carrier
96% AFUE
Digital Programmer
60,000 BTU
2 stage, multi-speed
Stainless steel exchanger
$24XX.xx
(Rebates available)

I know for the most part, it's similar to the Ford-GM-Dodge argument. What are the experiances with different brands from people here?
in my opinion the best deal is the Carrier and i work for Trane. use to work residential many years ago, we sold carrier and amana. Trane is good, pricey. only difference between the bryant and carrier is the variable speed motors, thats why it 400 more. its mainly for comfort level and most likely you wouldnt notice it. just make sure your thermostat is controlling the stages of heat and not the furnace controller, it will be more efficient. you could probably get away with a 45k btu if you have any insulation and ok windows but mine as well go with 60k as it should spend alot of its running time in low fire to maintain temp. just my 2 cents
HOTRODTHOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05526 seconds with 20 queries