Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - i like this guy
Thread: i like this guy
View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #12
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Just preaching the Bible.
Very true. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Just remember folks!

It is NOT your place to judge. That's the #1 mistake "hardcore" Christians make on a daily basis. You are loved no more in God's eyes than that evil liberal atheist down the road. You have forgotten your place if you think it's okay to hate and discriminate them for their beliefs when that is solely God's place to do.

Yet here you are judging THE POPE because he is living by that very simple principle. It makes me laugh. Hard.
Ah yes, "you can't judge me because your bible says so". Actually, it says we should evaluate our fellow believers (one could call it judging) as to ensure they are still following after Christ.

It also speaks in James 3 about teachers being judged more strictly BY GOD. I don't know what that has to do with this conversation but I hope, and pray, this pope remembers this. I'm not saying I disagree with his statement though.

You guys also have to realize that this is an address to the ROMAN CATHOLIC church. Not the Catholic (universal) church. You could almost say he's a couple hundred years late as Luther made this proclamation long ago and started the Protestant church.

Either way, he's absolutely right. The church should be in the gutter helping those there. However, we run into a problem that our chruches are filled with flawed people who know they are sick.

Judging (yup, that's what your doing) Christian churches on thier lack of 'helping others' is like telling a sick person who is trying to help a sick person that they are doing it wrong while sitting on your butt in your comfortable house. At least the sick are trying to help the sick.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06349 seconds with 20 queries