Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #294
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It was a productive weekend for Mira's Jeep. Although I didn't have my girls with me this weekend, I made some good solo progress.
  • Fixed driver door speaker wiring, and installed driver-side Infinity XJ tweeter (passenger side to be installed soon), then rocked out to the Foo Fighters, which sounded great!
  • Installed 4-flat trailer wiring.
  • Fixed broken driver door stop.
  • Removed the rear seat, and all seat belt bolts through the floor, and reinstalled after using anti-seize.
  • Got rear carpet ready to remove, with the exception of drilling out the riveted factory tie-down point (must be removed to get the carpet out).
  • Fought for a couple hours with one broken seat bolt (still never got it out). It's the only bolt that hasn't come out like butter. I was unsuccessful at getting a good enough weld with a nut on the broken bolt, so I'll hit it with an EZ-out next (ironic name...I have never had good luck with them).

The XJ is going in to the dealership next weekend for the airbag sensor recall, and potentially some other work. More to come...

Craig
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05733 seconds with 20 queries