Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - The Cross
Thread: The Cross
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #18
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I heard a great sermon this morning and wanted to share, given the various reactions on this thread to someone who has just passed.

Our minister (free methodist) said he has been asked a few times after giving a funeral service "isn't it hard to give a service for someone you know is a non-believer and will be going to hell". His response "I'm not important enough to decide whether someone is going to heaven or hell, that is something only God can do. The best I can do is point people in the direction of Jesus".
Interesting. My pastor (also free methodist) says he'd rather do funerals over weddings. If anything because a funeral brings something to the table that rarely anything can. Mortality. It's the closest we can get to death with out experiencing it. He says in those times it's very easy for people to see how short our lives are here.

I think Billy did a great job! My wife and I were praying during the whole thing. Very moving. I also didn't know Lecrea's (Sp?) back ground story. It makes his music that much better. Yup, I said it, God can even make rap meaningful. .
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04850 seconds with 20 queries