Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - new phone questions
View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #45
disturbedsledneck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I switched from AT&T to Verizon and I've not seen a real difference. I can tell you that my purchase of the Droid Maxx (not the razor, or the HD, just the Droid Maxx) has been the best thing I've done in my life in a long time. I don't know if it's going to a droid from an iphone for so long, or the incredible battery life, but it is great. QI charging is wonderful, I don't have to jailbreak the phone to get it to function how I like, and the integration with google is amazing.

Battery update: It has been off the charger for 17 hours, 85% battery left, wifi on the whole time and screen has been on for 1 hour, 41 minutes.

My worry is snowmobiling season. My AT&T service was incredible, even in the BFE in the UP. Verizon's map isn't very good up there, but I've yet to experience it first hand, so I can't comment on how it works up there.
I don't think you will have any problems with your Verizon service in the UP. I tried AT&T briefly and quickly returned the phone after it wouldn't work half of the BFE places I go in the UP. I went back to Verizon and can't complain about coverage at all. They're the best IMO for off the beaten path coverage. I tried Sprint and AT&T also.

Your previous thread about making the switch from Apple had me intrigued. I have the first version I5 and hate it. I had an I4 before this for 2 years and loved it. I hate it this I5 even more since the last 2 IOS updates. This is my third I5 since the other 2 had numerous problems and I returned them. My battery will not make it past 2 pm daily without being in the red, and that's only with very minimal internet usage and periodic texts. I am leaning towards the Droid Maxx to replace this turd.
disturbedsledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05931 seconds with 20 queries