View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #34
feva4u
LCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
If it's a technical or skilled labor job, it can be hard to list applicable skills and make it fit on one page. List the work experience, training, education that applies. If someone is too lazy to look through your resume that's more than one page, you don't want to work for them.

I have taken the fluff out of my resume, such as personal interests and hobbies, it is still 2 pages.

When interviewing it helps to actually know what's on your resume and expect people to ask about it. I can't tell you how many times I've stumped people on simple questions about their own work experience. Also, bring extra copies of your resumes to the interview with you.

I'd skip the cover letter.
It's normally not being lazy on the 2nd page, it's that you're reading lawn care experience from 15 yrs or more ago and it's not relevant. Basically if it was long enough ago, I list the company and job title only. My resume shows career progression by title that is normal for the business that I'm in so I don't have to list what I did as a design engineer in 2004 anymore, just that I was a design engineer at XXX company for a duration of time. You're resume may be 2 pages but without knowing where you work () I would read through your resume and say hey, this guy has ran various cnc equipment in the past and has taken training to further his career.......but I could do that by reading a 1 page resume with the same info formatted differently as well. (Let me know when you want to move north )

Page generated in 0.04362 seconds with 11 queries