Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - NYPD Cheif turned inmate - says prison system is borked...thoughts?
View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM   #13
mschaffer66

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by welderboyjk View Post
For some reason my boss hires quite a few ex-cons and NO I'm not one of them. Most I think are from drug charges but we've had a myriad of people through the shop. The guys who've been up on drug charges seem to usually do good for a while but eventually slip back to getting high at some point. Occasionally they can catch it before they end up back in jail, sometimes they don't.
There are some who desperately want to get back to "life" and are willing to bust ass to get there and are appreciative to have a chance.
What is sad is the ones who relapse when they've got a family depending on them for support.
This is a small shop with around 25-30 on the payroll. I cannot begin to remember the number or even the names of all the people I've seen roll through. It's probably close to 200 in the 16 years I've been there. I can recall that two are now dead (been shot), one is in prison for murder and drugs, and another who I'm sure will come back to work soon is almost due out from DUI.
Maybe your boss has a bit of an unsavory past, or has someone close to him that does, so he can relate to the problems these people face when they get out and wants to try to help.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06079 seconds with 20 queries