Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Sova's thread got me thinkin.....
View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2013, 10:13 AM   #78
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadirtracer View Post
/thread
Not even close. This idea can be asked about any 'begining of life' story, theory, or theology.

What created the super dense mass that was there before the big bang? What created that, then what created that. IMO, you have to have an eternal (always been here) thing or, the other option, you get something from absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Why must there be an explanation? Why do we as humans feel the need to have an explanation for something even if it's completely false?

Throughout history societies use stories and other made up bullshit to explain why things happen. I think we as a race are unable to grasp the possible conclusion that there is no explanation, we don't know and may never know how we got here, and we could very well be accidents. So, we make shit up so we can sleep at night.
Christians would argue that we (everybody, not just Christians) search for an explanation because there is one and it's God. That God created that thirst for knowledge and explanation in order to point us to him. That's why I love Science.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04921 seconds with 20 queries