Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Sova's thread got me thinkin.....
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #19
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
To enjoy it.

Perhaps, but shouldn't you want to help others simply because you want to do good, and not because it's supposed to buy you a ticket to "heaven"?
1. I think Morality could get in the way of Enjoying life. If our primary purpose is to enjoy life, we need to start throwing morality out the window.

2. The good acts are supposed to be a outward showing of an inward change. it takes time to change. Some longer then others.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Ok, so my question back to you is why is a purpose needed? Why does their need to be an explanation, even though it could be wrong?

I think people need to have an explanation to make them feel better, regardless if it's right or not.
My question would be why do you think we need a purpose when there was, at the basic idea, no purpose to our beginning? We're accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
LC4X, You might enjoy taking a listen to Matt Dillahunty's talk on the superiority of secular morality. You might learn something, since you were asking about it.

He's done the talk numerous times, so there are probably multiple versions of it, but here's two:

Long one:

http://blip.tv/the-atheist-experienc...rality-4192742

Super Short one:

Matt Dillahunty: The Superiority of Secular Morality - YouTube
Maybe when I have time. And Beer. .
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09288 seconds with 20 queries