Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - towing setup help
View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #14
14muddn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpshop4 View Post
Yeah, sorry i posted this late so i meant # or lbs.
We just bought the trailer as we decided that first thing was to find the trailer that we wanted. So now I have until camping season to find a vehicle that will have the seating for 4-6 . Mostly it will be 3-5 ( 2 adults plus our 8 yr old and a friend or 2-3)
Yes i have hauled trailers and used to pull our old 27' all over Mich with a 1/2 ton ext cab..with 6 of us.
I am just looking at $10k or less just to get us until the followin . Summer when we can buy a much more expensive tow vehicle , i have been looking and seen a few vehicles but this expedition is extremel clean and i can buy it cheap from a good friend ( they neber towed with it)
I think the Expedition will work okay for you with weight distribution hitch and a good brake controller.

If it were me with a $10k budget for something to tow the trailer and up to 6 people I would be looking for a 3/4 ton suburban or an expedition. I would be looking for either equipped with the 8.1 or v10 to not be a dog. Unless you are towing very often I don't think a diesel would be worth it.
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05748 seconds with 20 queries