Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Learn me some on best online storage & external drives
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #33
schweeb
spelling nazi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr View Post
I'll just add that the reviews and owner feedback of reds don't support schweebs uber smart advice. Do your own research before doling out your pennies. Perhaps they have great RMA service at Western Digital but you aren't supposed to pay full retail to continuously send back your hard drives.
Really? Because on Amazon, there are only 34 1 star reviews out of 624 reviews for the 3TB drives. There are only 64 reviews below 4 stars. Tomshardware and many other sites wholeheartedly recommend them, and haven't amended their reviews due to high failure rates.

Please provide evidence that isn't from a forum (we all know people post extremely anecdotal, secondhand, or even falsified evidence on forums). Also, don't quote NewEgg, because their reviews tend to be extremely negative in my experience.

I've never seen/heard of significant issues on REDs if you use them within their designed usage profile - NAS.

My career is storage, so I do have some idea of what I'm talking about. Even the best drives have failures, and even arrive DOA.

I've purchased 3 myself, after quite a bit of research, and they all work fine.

Page generated in 0.16073 seconds with 20 queries