Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Has anyone here actually tried to sign up for O-care yet? Heard something about it
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #65
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
After 7 years I am about to change careers. I can still get cobra until the new job's benefits kick in right?

I see them extending the "deadline" of this until 2015 anyway. I just wonder if it has caused the short term insurance companies to pack up. It was $200 for 3 months like 7 years ago. I can see that doubling realistically. I just hope it has not went through the roof as a result of this.

So how does this work with people changing jobs in the future? Will there be a gap of the traditional 90 days with people going on government insurance until enrollment periods or will the employer need to offer instant insurance?

I have worked (for businesses) since I was 16 and never been out of work more then 2 weeks. I have always used cobra to fill the insurance gap. This government insurance is a total cluster that I will stay away from it at all cost as long as possible to avoid identity theft.

I hope that I can still get cobra and not get fined or audited as a result of not having employer or government insurance for 2 months in 2014. Needless to say I will be hanging on to my receipt from cobra until March of 2015.
Cobra still exists.
I don't think your going to find any insurance, at least not something that meets the minimum requirements of Obamacare, for $200 for 6 months.
I'm not sure if they can still make you wait 90 days.
It is not "government insurance". The government set up the marketplace and the minimum standard. The insurance company is still an insurance company as before.
What make you think that using the government run insurance exchanges will lead to identity theft?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06849 seconds with 20 queries