Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone do truck bed lining stuff?
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #20
wrath
Project Antitube

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath

This is Durabak Smooth Blue with UV protection. I bought it from a reseller named John Dempsey. I bought two gallons and painted the outside, the inside, and the underside of it. THe two gallons didn't match in color or consistency.

Mine turned out perfectly smooth... looked just like enamel paint until you touched it. Then after a month and a half of sitting in the sun it was all faded and chalky. The half of the truck that didn't see sunlight still looked beautiful.

I noticed it takes impacts and light abrasions very well. It doesn't care if you scrub it with a tire brush and survives even brake fluid. However, repeated strong abrasions will peel it off quickly.

If it wasn't for the fact that the two gallons I bought didn't match (and the company didn't seem to care) and the fact that it faded so bad... I'd recommend it. But I won't. Maybe their textured stuff holds up to sunlight better. I know if the urethane around my windows can not fade there is no reason the bedliner can't.

wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05812 seconds with 20 queries