Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Needs thoughts on noise
View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #9
CheapThrillB2
FAWK YEAH!!

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Kyle bent the housing causing the shaft to locker to be slightly out of alignment and forcing the side gear to ride funny in the locker making it slip. The locker wore do to that. Not a typical locker failure.

I wore out the forward edge of the teeth in my lock right and it would slip making a horrible popping noise under load.

If you pull the locker pay close attention to the teeth of the gears for any sign of the edges being worn. If you don't see anything and reinstall it, flip it around so what was the passenger side is now the drivers. If it does happen to be that, atleast then the worn edge of the teeth will be on the reverse side and forward should still hold and not slip.

I replaces my lock right with a spartan. But recently replaced the spartan with a Yukon grizzly. I didn't have any issues with the spartan and sold it somebody who reinstalled it in his axle and hasn't had any issues.
CheapThrillB2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05291 seconds with 20 queries