Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Oversized Towing
View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #48
tom77cj5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tom77cj5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Really! Do you tow it? Pics? Have you ever checked out the legality of towing it? The current owner is supposed to get me measurements tomorrow when he gets home. As of now, I do not have exact measurements.

If the trailer comes back at 8.5 feet, I am not sure if I have to have wide loads. In my opinion I would, since it would still have moving a 10 foot wide object... What I think of is when you see a semi hauling a bulldozer.. The trailer is 8.5, but the load is over that, so he has to have oversized permits.
this is the pic of it going down the road on the prev owners trailer. He drove it from canton to selfridge launch with no issues.
This is the trailer I bought for it last year. It fit with my car trailer there no problem. With the boat on it there's no way I can fit anything next to it . I only tow it to the launch and back at the beginning and end of the season. I guess you're supposed to get a permit to tow oversized or only allowed to move it at certain times of the day and week. The trailers fenders are under the boat and I know its legal width. The boat you bought is just like the one my neighbor had. He towed his just like I do
tom77cj5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07011 seconds with 20 queries