Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Oversized Towing
View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #41
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman View Post
this sounds like a good idea if you want my opinion
Ferries are closed. That was one of our 1st plans. The guy that ownes it now said he's never gotten permits to haul it. We are just trying to be legal. Shocking, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
What's the big deal? Anyone who can afford the boat should be able to afford the transportation to take possession of the boat. If you didn't factor that into the purchase price, well............. It kinda comes with the territory.... duh.

It's like me buying my motorhome and then bitching about the $600 per year license plate. You have to pay to play.
Seriously, you're a fucking arrogant fucktard.
This isn't a 'big deal' as you put it. I don't think there has been a single mention of it being to expensive to bring it home. Why pay somebody 4000 dollars to haul the damn thing, when we have a truck that is more than capable, it comes with the trailer to do it. My biggest problem, is I am not educated on the wide load permitting side of it.

As I'm working/self teaching my way though it, I'm figuring it out. The whole point of the thread was seeing if anybody had done it before, and looking for pointers. Not asking opinions on how it should be retrieved. That's already been decided.

More accurately, it like you buying a motor home, and then bitching about having to hire somebody to drive you old ass around in it.

Page generated in 0.06046 seconds with 20 queries