Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Snow Stops for metal roof, what works for you?
View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK, got these installed this week. Well, I did the front, I still have to go do the back roof.

I figured I would take Cerial's advice, and do the opposite, since that usually works out best. These are from SnoBlox, this is the 'Deuce' model. They are clear, and really disappear into the roof from further back. I don't really care about that one way or the other, but some might. You can see how much they disppear into the first two pics (same pic, just zoomed in a little bit) One every 9", in a staggered row. Installed pretty easy, they are dimpled for drilling, so I predrilled each one, then use a hammer to set the self-drilling screws (monster #14 screws with hex heads) into the steel. The complete bottom is covered in a thick layer of sealant, and it comes up around the screw heads also, which also have a sealing washer. Once I got the rythym down installing them, it went pretty easy. Setting the screws with a hammer helps a lot, and I used an impact driver, compared to a drill. Here's a couple pix.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barn1.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	111451   Click image for larger version

Name:	barn2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	111452   Click image for larger version

Name:	barn3.jpg
Views:	222