Thread: Smoking recipes
View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #8
ChoCha

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak177 View Post
Post them up.

I'm interested in smoking. I currently have a Char Griller grill, I'm looking into getting a smoke box for it. What are you techniques? From what I have read and watched, I should keep the temp between 225 and 250 for a big chunk of meat, but what about some fish?

What are your guys recipes?

One of my coworkers brought in some Salmon he smoked with cherry wood and it was delicious. And I'm not a fish guy.
I use the same Char Griller gas grill with side fire box set up... Ive used it for 3 years this way and have no issues with using my gas grill when I need it.

Key is to use a large foil pan or something to catch the drippings so they dont make a mess of the grill.

Ive made several briskets, turkeys, pork etc and they turn out great. Low and slow is the key. Different woods are fun to play with too, my preference is Cherry or Apple wood. Ive got a few different recipe books at home I got from Bass Pro or somewhere like that. I think one is called Smoke n Spice if I remmeber and it has some good recipes in it.. Even good sides.
ChoCha is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05455 seconds with 11 queries