View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #12
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
I like it too. And while it wouldn't look right on every style of house, I've always wondered why it isn't used more often. I think the stone veneer near the front that you mentioned will really help break up the industrial look of the steel too.

Have you heard a woodpecker try going at the steel yet? One of the barns at my parents house is a mixture of vertical corrugated steel and every once in a while you can hear a woodpecker try drilling into the steel by mistake. It reverberates so loudly that it reminds me of those old Woody Woodpecker cartoons where he his beak gets all bent up after trying to do the same thing.
Not yet, they were more prevalent on the south side where the wood was beat on by the sun and nice and warm. I'll put a picture up here tonight of my patchwork sidiing over there. That will be what I probably do next this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Looks nice. Reminds me, I need to get on my ladder tomorrow to start installing the snow jax to stop the big avalanches off the steel roof on my barn.
As you can see, no snow jack yet either. I need to do that this year as 3 foot mounds of snow in front of the garage door the last couple years were a PITA! You doing the adhesive or screw down?
Jim
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04314 seconds with 11 queries