Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 99 Wrangler trans electrical connector
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #1
4x4 Nut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 99 Wrangler trans electrical connector

Hello, I have a '99 Wrangler 4.0, 32RH Auto. The TCC solenoid inside the trans has a pass through electrical connector for the 2 wires controlling it. This screws into the back driver's corner of the case so that the solenoid wire can attach on the inside & the wiring harness on the outside. Mine is fried & the new part has been discontinued through Chrysler. Dealer did a inventory search & not a single dealer nationwide showed it available.

I've done an internet search using the part number. A couple online Chrysler parts sites came back, but a phone call to a few different ones yielded the same results as my local dealer. Another link showed the manufacturer is ITT Cannon & also a part number. So, I called there & learned no distributors have ever purchased this part & the last ones made were in 2009 for Chrysler Corp. Not what I wanted to hear.

Anyways, does anyone have a suggestion. If I have no other option I'll solder some jumper wires & change the connection to maybe a GM weatherpack, but I'd rather have the correct plug if possible. Thanks.
4x4 Nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06744 seconds with 20 queries