Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - New orv bill
Thread: New orv bill
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #7
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
One step forward...

and two steps back:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...423792&page=33
Not as bad as you make it out to be. Reading the link you provided, one of the guys emailed inquiring, and it makes sense.

Quote:
Thank you for your email regarding SB 491. The intent of the legislation was not to include motorcycles and dirt bikes. We will definitely have to go in and specify these vehicles are to be excluded.

The real goal of the legislation is to get safely modified off road vehicles on the road. The problem currently is that many off road enthusiast are having a difficult time registering their ORV for street use due to the fact they cannot get insurance. As you know, to get registered you must show proof of insurance.

By simply having an ATV manufacturer certify that the machine is modifiable to become safely street legal the insurance companies will cover these vehicles and in turn, the vehicles can become registered. This has become a bigger problem with the increased popularity of "side by side" off road vehicles.

I appreciate your interest in my legislation and glad you brought this issue to my attention. I look forward to working on this legislation further and please feel free to keep in touch with me on its progression.

Sincerely,

Jack Brandenburg

Page generated in 0.05843 seconds with 20 queries