Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Things to do/see around Marquette
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ
Default Things to do/see around Marquette

I've driven through Marquette a million times and spent tons of time in the UP, but have barely spent any time IN Marquette. My wife and I are headed to the UP next week and spending 2 days or so in Marquette. I'd love some good suggestions of things to do and see there(hiking, sightseeing, downtown shops, etc) and good restaurants, bars, and microbreweries. I've heard of the basics like Presque Isle but am open to other suggestions and more specific things to see. Suggestions for decent hotels for good prices would help too. Not looking for anything super fancy, but don't want crap either.

I don't really need other UP suggestions, I know the rest of the area pretty well, just looking for ideas around Marquette. We're spending a couple days in the Keweenaw area too, which is where I went to college.
On the list of things to do so far:
Pictured Rocks
Color tour
Copper Harbor/Brockway Mountain/M26 lakeshore
Canyon Falls
Houghton bars and restaurants(Library, Downtowner, Ambassador, Keweenaw Brewing Co., and maybe I'll even take my wife to Uphill 41 for quarters on Thursday for the trashiest experience of her life)

Last edited by bbaXJ; September 26th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05149 seconds with 20 queries