View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #79
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Here's the problem with your "if they wanted insurance they should have made better choices in life" idea. It sounds nice, and works for those who were fortunate enough to be guided to do so. For others, it's not that easy. Can you work hard and move up in a company? Make your self more valuable? Absolutely, But that doesn't mean that EVERYBODY can. Nor does saying "You should have made better choices" help the single mother who is trying to better her self by working, going to school, and taking care of 2 kids. Most of you on here (or those that have commented or agreed with your sentiment) would consider her a free loader and a leech to our society. Or am I missing something? Because that's exactly what you guys are saying.

I quoted my self to make it clear I don't think it's the answer but I also don't think "work harder because it worked for me" is the answer either. Because you were fortunate to be have that insight and most people aren't. I'm all for kicking the moochers off, but there are people that legitimately use assistance as tool to work up to the position your so proud to be in.
Single mom trying to make it? Ummmm most of those already have government health care. Was it my choice that she got pregnant? Nope? I chose to use protection when having sex so I wouldn't end up getting some chick knocked up. People who truly need health care are already covered by the current system. Anybody who truly works hard and tries to succeed in life can do it. The big issue is I am getting punished for other peoples lack of drive. For every person that obama care helps there will be a thousand people who abuse it. When it comes down to it our economy is swirling the drain as it is, do you really think we can afford to give more to people with no ethics? We keep breeding more and more people that are just waiting for the next handout. If more of those lazy motherfuckers that could work would work they could be an asset to society instead of being a drain.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. If you don't try, I don't care.

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05003 seconds with 11 queries