Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2015 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon Revealed
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #48
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Really? I haven't messed with a Uconnect, and my truck doesn't have Nav, but the navigation in GM vehicles I have used seemed pretty straight forward and easy to operate.

I still can't figure out how to simply "tune" the radio in our focus without having to search through 4 layers of menus to get to that option. Unless its a preset finding the station you want without scanning is a pain in the ass. We haven't used our "Sync" in the focus in over 6 months because of how stupid it is. I stopped using mine in my focus long before I sold it as well.
Uconnect is awesome. The VR is usually pretty good as long as you enunciate. Results are hit or miss, just based on what business locations are listed in the database. For example you'll get hits on Home Depot, but a stand alone business you probably won't.

The Nav in my wife's Tahoe is clumsy, slow, difficult to navigate in it or find options. For example the touch screen will get you into certain menus, but then the only way to exit out is to use the physical buttons which you have to hit all the buttons to figure out which one works. You can't input anything while the vehicle is in motion (can't in my 300 either, but you can use VR at any time) and the keyboard inputs are in alphabetical order instead of QWERTY format which makes no sense.

Chrysler's nav is all Garmin. It's intuitive and very well done.

I digress though, as I'm comparing a very outdated nav system to a current gen one. I'm sure what GM has in Buick's Intellilink, Chevrolet MyLink and CUE systems are top notch.

Page generated in 0.06274 seconds with 20 queries