Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - my new fj-40 family truckster
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #461
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

My windshield hoop has allowed me to push into things that many others won't try. And it has saved the windshield on those dumb occasions where those of us that actually wheel in slippery conditions may slide into a tree. I've never hesitated to push it where I may flop because I was worried about my windshield. There were 2 guys on our trip to Harlan that skipped Lion's Den purely because they knew they would hit their windshield. For me, it was a non issue.

The only time I was on my lid was in a freak situation where no one saw it coming. With the windshield and grill hoops, I did zero damage other than a tear in my bikini top. Without them I would have fubarred both my hood and windshield. To me, it's simply a no brainer for ease and no worry.

Do I prefer the looks without it? I don't think it really matters. I own the jeep to wheel and have fun. No doubt I will now be more cautious after the body swap but I still intend to not worry about rubbing my windshield cage on a tree.

But is there anything here that stands out to make you not want it in these conditions?

Page generated in 0.06314 seconds with 20 queries