Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - **** The return to Gitche Gumee ****
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:57 PM   #278
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well we're almost ready, fill the water tanks and load the truck and we're good to go. Plus a little grocery shopping. Probably do that on the way up somewhere.

My runs are pretty set too. Friday will be a run down a re-explored road I ran 20 years ago. The pre-run group re-ran it this spring and proved to be a great trail with numerous creek crossings, a little playground of rocks and a more serious rock trail that has not yet been run. There's a bypass for that so those that want to watch can do so. The trail I suspect is about 0.5 miles long with an unknown number of challenges.
One we conquer that we have a trail called No-Bridge. As the name implies there isn't a bridge in sight, they were all removed with the logging stopped. between 8 and 12 missing bridges and some pretty steep grades down to the creek and back up out. Once we finish that time permitting we have a simply way out to Hwy 17 but that make for 30 miles road trip home. I'd rather explore and find the connector back over to Carp River which will cut the road miles in half and give us a few more options for other obstacles.

Saturday is much simpler with a trip to the Mine and Lions back if we can't fit that one in on Friday due to time.

jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04358 seconds with 20 queries