Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - JK bumper can be used as onboard water
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #17
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)

1) Those water pumps are durable. They service the water system in every RV and camper. I also had one on a boat for a hot water shower and it worked great. I think pressurizing the tank creates more problems than it solves.

2) The comments about "only 7 gallons" are off base. That is 10% of what I can run my entire RV on for 5-6 days including washing dishes, showers, general sink useage and flushing a toilet. Having that much water on hand to wash hands and general purpose is more than adequate for a couple days on the trail. I've had to use waterless hand cleaner many times and a half bottle of bottled water is more than enough to rinse your hands off.
Washing an entire jeep to make it mud free? No. But being able to spray off a muddy windshield or plastic side window would be great. More than once we've carried a 2.5 gallon jug of water for just that + emergency drinking water. (not that I would want to drink water stored in the bumper
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07186 seconds with 20 queries