Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone drive a 2013 Volt?
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #56
jeepinRRT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The "this charge" screen really only captures a day of driving but it does give you a true lifetime average.

Electric miles has been consistently at 44-46 per charge but there have been times I have been projected at 50 (have driven 20-21 but still have projected 30 left) it all depends on driving style and how much you run the A/C or heat (all uses the battery power).

My lifetime mpg has dropped to 54.6 after an 800 mile road trip to Louisville with a bike rack on the back.... read "Parachute". That trip I only averaged 33 mpg while on gas which was a bit disappointing, but I did do 75MPH the entire way with a rack and a fully loaded down car.

Charge time remains the same, about 4-5 miles of range per hour of charge and the charge estimates about 30 minutes longer than actual. Last night for example I was going to have a full charge at 2:15 am but I got a text it was complete at 1:45. Yes, the car sends me text messages.

I was really hoping to get 40MPG highway, so the 33 isn't something I'm thrilled about, but I have burned almost no gas during my daily commute/driving since I've got the car and the dedicated line run.

Still working on getting my charge station put in on consumers dime. I'll update if that ever happens.

Last edited by jeepinRRT; September 11th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06304 seconds with 20 queries