Proof that it takes a lot to kill a Yonker.
- type 2 diabetes
- I can't count the amount of eye surgeries he's had on my hands anymore
- a 16x16x2" piece of steel straight on his toe, ended up losing 3 of them
- pentuple bypass surgery
- heart attack (prior to surgery)
- sleep apnea (quite bad, but refuses to get a machine hooked up to his face or go in for a sleep study)
- 76 (?) and still working 40 hrs a week
- falls off ladder, lands on his head, gets up, shakes himself off and keeps going
- had cancer of the esophagus, had part of that removed (tobacco products)
- not as astounding, but I laughed my ass off one family dinner when I saw a false tooth come out of his mouth, stuck in the corn cob he took a bite off of.
and last thursday, he got diagnosed with a significant tumor in his bladder. They said this morning that it is most likely cancerous. The good news is that they should be able to remove it outpatient.
How he still welds as good as he can is beyond me, and anybody else that knows him. God is good.
even his wife (my grandma) went through ovarian cancer already.